Criteria for Project Selection (as decided on 10.3.2000)
The full Project Proposals submitted should address the aims set out for the programme (cf. section 2.1 of the Call for Proposals of October 1999) and will be evaluated according to the following criteria which were completed by the Steering Committee during the Meetings of 21st January and 10th March 2000.
First Priority Criteria
- Network of participants (Professors) and institutions (Universities, etc.) and their individual contributions. (Killer Criterion: yes or no. If no, the project proposal fails.)
- Definition of clear pedagogical objectives, scenarios and content. Also to be mentioned: Which traditional course is replaced? Ratio of: frontal teaching / e-courseware / seminars and tutorials. (Double count of scores.)
- Integration of e-courseware in a national (integration into existing curricula) and international context (European Credit Transfer System ECTS). (Double count of scores.)
- Support from the involved institutions (financing). (Killer Criterion: yes or no. If no, the project proposal fails.)
Second Priority Criteria
- Selection of appropriate hard- and software (stable platform). It would be ideal if the project would fit into one of the following platforms: Ariadne, (Lotus Learning Space,) Top Class or WebCT. (Single count of scores.)
- Number of target students reached per year directly with e-courseware and modules (i.e. students for which that course is compulsory according to the curriculum). And secondly, number of target students from other Swiss universities. (Single count of scores.)
- Aspects of interactivity (hyper-media and link-architecture). (Single count of scores.)
- Innovations potential; quality and feasibility of e-courseware design. (Working plan containing checkpoints. A three year project should comprise two years for the course development and one year for the field test.) (Single count of scores.)
- Degree of multi-language support. (Single count of scores.)
- Collaboration with business partners regarding content and support. (Just yes or no, but no Killer Criterion.)
Remark: Double count of scores means, that we will multiply by two the score you give. You just write the normal score, please.